Call for Expert Partner | Trade Accelerator Program (TAP Canada)
The World Trade Centre Winnipeg (WTC Winnipeg) is a bilingual, private-sector focused, not-for-profit organization with a strong track record of delivering quality trade-related programs to businesses throughout Manitoba.
Its core objective is to work with Manitoba companies in gaining the confidence, training, tools and network of contacts essential to compete locally, nationally and internationally.
The WTC Winnipeg is the Province of Manitoba’s key strategic partner with a lead role in further developing trade activity in the province.
The WTC Winnipeg is now accepting submissions for an International Shipping and Logistics Expert Partner (includes freight forwarding and customs brokerage) for its upcoming 2021 sessions of the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP Canada) offered in Manitoba.
The ideal partner will be able to offer Manitoba companies expertise on how to navigate export requirements. The partner must have acute knowledge on export regulations and reporting requirements, including export documentation, landed costs and duty, Incoterms 2020, and free trade agreements. In addition, the partner must be able to offer advice on strategies to help Manitoba companies reduce exporting costs.
Trade Accelerator Program
With over 1,000 graduates Canada-wide, Canada’s Trade Accelerator Program (TAP Canada) is an innovative and dynamic program aimed at helping small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) overcome barriers to exporting. Over two months, companies are connected with industry experts, provided with the necessary coaching needed to develop their export plan, and equipped with the tools and resources to find success as they grow their business.
The WTC Winnipeg has been offering TAP Canada in Manitoba since 2017. The program has rapidly gained momentum across the country and has built a reputation of achieving real results, fast.
As a TAP Canada Expert Partner you would have the opportunity to become a trusted advisor to the program’s participating SMEs by providing expert content to assist them with developing their comprehensive export plan. Companies can then effectively and confidently put their export plans into action. By positioning your brand as a leading expert in your field and through one-on-one consultations, you will forge fruitful long-term relationships.
Canada’s Trade Accelerator Program is supported by the Mobilizing SMEs to Export initiative to assist in delivering Canada’s Export Diversification Strategy.
Program Participant Profile | Criteria and Commitment
In order to be admitted to TAP, companies must demonstrate the following:
- The company is currently exporting a product, service or technology, but wishes to diversify its export markets – OR – The company has taken exploratory steps to start exporting
- Generates $500,000 or more in annual revenue
- Has a product, service or technology with a strong competitive advantage as a result of quality or patent protection
- Is a good corporate citizen devoid of corruption, environment and human rights violations
- Can share two years of financial statements with its application to demonstrate its solvency
- Commits to attend the seven (7) half-day modules (online or in-person) and the 1:1 mentorship and validation workshops
- Dedicates two (2) senior executives in all stages of the program
- Completes a written export plan within the given timeframe
Expert Partners Benefits
(a maximum of 15 participating companies in each session)
- Corporate branding and visibility (the WTC Winnipeg offers its partners an ideal platform to promote themselves as experts in their field, by being innovative and client focused)
- Content delivery as an expert partner through a live PowerPoint presentation and question period ensures key facetime and positioning in front of program participants
- Promoting international growth by bringing hands-on training and expertise to real life business situations faced by SMEs
- Make new connections within the trade promotion ecosystem
- End of program personalized Expert Partner Report including presentation and content feedback as well as identification of potential leads
- One-on-one meetings with participating companies during the Mentoring and Validation portion of the program
- Expert Partner profile page and contact information in participants’ guide
- Expert Partner profile page, logo and website link in TAP Canada section of the WTC Winnipeg website
- Four (4) social media mentions to the WTC Winnipeg audience (online audience of 7,000+ followers)
- Logo recognition on TAP Canada promotional materials and program website
- One “Spotlight” feature in the WTC Winnipeg e-communications (audience of 13,000+ recipients)
- First right of renewal as Expert Partner for the 2022 TAP Canada sessions offered by the WTC Winnipeg
Expert Partner Investment Per Session
Financial investment of $2,500 for virtual session or $5,000 for in-person sessions (the WTC Winnipeg reserves the right to move to in-person training should province health regulations allow).
SPRING 2021 (half-day sessions):
- March 9, 11, 16, 18, 25, 26
- April 9
- Mentoring and Validation portion of the program
FALL 2021 (half-day sessions; tentative dates):
- October 14, 15, 20, 22, 25, 29
- November 8
- Mentoring and Validation portion of the program
Expert Partner Commitment
- Attend all program sessions
- Engage with participants during the sessions
- Develop and deliver expert content through a live PowerPoint presentation
- Provide written feedback of each participating companies’ export plan prior to the Mentoring and Validation portion of the program
- Actively promote TAP Canada within your networks
- Provide qualified leads of companies who could benefit from participating in the program
Proponents are required to submit a proposal which demonstrates the following:
- Your expertise, knowledge and passion in your field as outlined in the proposal overview
- Your ability to develop content that is relevant to interprovincial or international trade
- Establish how your content will include innovative and immersive presentation ideas and concepts
- Your experience with public speaking and workshop facilitation
Please include the following in your proposal:
- Company name and description
- Biography of individuals developing and presenting the content
- Primary contact
- Have you presented this topic before? If yes, please provide supporting documents
- Share any additional links, videos or articles (if relevant)
WTC Winnipeg Contacts
Business Development Manager
Director of Trade