- This event has passed.
U.S. Border Mission
June 5, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Why crossing the line is good for business!
If you want to explore importing/exporting to the U.S., this practical, hands-on introduction is for you – whether you are just starting a business venture or looking to expand your existing company. Come on board our bus for a full day, uncovering all aspects of importing and exporting while our experts are at your disposal to answer your questions.
2 pick-up locations:
- St. Norbert Farmer’s Market parking lot A (next to the Community Centre) at 8:00 am
- Morris Multiplex, 380 Stampede Grounds, Morris, at 9:00 am
You will be able to indicate your preferred pick-up location at the time of registration. You will also receive a detailed agenda of the day prior to the event.
Key topics include:
- Dealing with border issues such as business travel and immigration requirements
- Customs clearance procedures
- A site visit to a warehousing facility
- Customs brokers and freight forwarders
- Taxation and legal considerations
- Various programs and services that can help your business import/export
Because of logistics at the border, please note that only Canadian citizens with a valid passport can participate. Please have your passport ready at the time of registration.
Lunch is included in the registration fee. Registration fee is: $75 + GST