There are 2 (two) positions currently available at the World Trade Centre Winnipeg.
Job Title: Director of Trade
Start date: Monday, June 17, 2019
Salary: Based on experience
We are seeking an experienced Director of Trade who will lead a group of Trade Advisors in providing Manitoba businesses with guidance, information and contacts to assist them in pursuing global trade and investment opportunities. The successful candidate will bring to the World Trade Centre Winnipeg a solid business experience in the private sector, thus having full understanding of international trade, sales management, supply chain management, business strategy, logistics management, export readiness, risk management and marketing as well as knowledge of both the rural and urban business landscapes.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
- To help Manitoba businesses reach their corporate goals through strategic data, locating business opportunities, and connecting businesses with potential Canadian and international partners.
- To collaborate in the development of a targeted and strategic business intelligence that meets the needs of the WTC Winnipeg, its clients and donors.
- To provide reports on activities and the results obtained through clients served.
- To participate in the preparation and implementation of the WTC Winnipeg’s plan of activities.
- To actively seek international commercial opportunities for Manitoba businesses.
- To ensure the organization of international trade missions outside Canada.
- To lead trade missions welcoming foreign delegations to Manitoba and to coordinate working sessions between participating businesses (Business-to-Business).
Necessary knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Has a post-secondary Business/International Trade degree.
- Has over 15 years of experience in international trade.
- Is a strong relationship builder and communicator, enjoys meeting people and is proficient at collaborating with others.
- Possesses effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience with a customer relation management (CRM) software is an asset.
- A bilingual candidate (French and English) is a definite asset.
What you need to know:
- The World Trade Centre Winnipeg is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong.
- This role requires flexibility. You may need to occasionally work evenings or weekends, networking or meeting clients off site in order to provide exceptional service.
- Must possess a valid Manitoba driver’s license and be able to travel within the city and to rural communities.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and a letter of interest by email to Marguerite Simard, Director of Finance and Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on May 15, 2019.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Business Advisor (bilingual position)
The World Trade Centre Winnipeg is seeking a Business Advisor to provide reliable, up-to-date, relevant information and tools to clients with respect to starting a new business, expanding an existing business, import/export, government programs available, etc. in both official languages.
- Experience in providing client and customer services, business information services, and client needs in both official languages (English and French)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities, and well-developed research skills
- Must have strong English and French written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Formal post secondary education
- Extensive experience using Internet and MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point, as well as web based and database systems
- Experience dealing with confidential client information
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Specific responsibilities include: Providing business information and tools to clients in both official languages regarding establishing a new business or growing an existing business; information on finance, marketing, regulations; information services and guidance on a variety of business topics to the general public, existing business owners and potential entrepreneurs; and information services on available government programs.
How to Apply
Please forward your resumé and a letter of interest by email to Marguerite Simard, Director of Finance and Human Resources, WTC Winnipeg firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Your cover letter and resumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.