There is 1 (one) position currently available at the World Trade Centre Winnipeg.
Job Title: Partnership and Sponsor Relations Manager
Salary: To be discussed
Start Date: October 1, 2018 (or sooner)
The Partnership and Sponsor Relations Manager is responsible for raising money through the sale of sponsorship and exhibit packages for conferences, program, and special events by targeting various companies, organizations and associations. The Manager creates sponsorship and exhibitor packages according to client specification. The Manager attends company meetings, sales update meetings and conference planning meetings as required.
Essential Duties and Responsabilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Utilize telephone solicitation, electronic and written correspondence and face-to-face meetings as tools in order to reach and exceed the budgeted sponsorship target for each initiative;
- Research and develop a list of potential sponsors for each conference and/or program;
- Research and develop a list of potential exhibitors when required;
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential sponsorship clients and exhibitors;
- Keep precise records of conversations with all clients, sponsors and exhibitors;
- Update the company database (CRM) as required;
- Invoice sponsors and exhibitors once agreements have been reached;
- Assist in preparing promotional material to advertise sales opportunities;
- Maintain knowledge of critical timelines and sponsorship deadlines;
- Delegate administrative functions to assistants where possible;
- Meet with trade and professional organizations and other groups to organize, promote and discuss WTC Winnipeg conference / trade show services; and
- Professionally represent WTC Winnipeg at all times.
Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve issues independently. Ability to establish and master goals. Ability to identify and develop accounts. Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision.
Education and/or Experience
Business Administration or equivalent degree, with 5 years experience in sponsorship and exhibit or corporate sales. A reasonable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business materials, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, proposals and grant submissions. Ability to effectively present information both electronically and in person and respond to questions from clients, customers and the general public. Ability to communicate in both French and English is an asset.
Other Skills and Abilities
This position is suited to a self-motivated, professional person who can confidently work with a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds. Diplomacy, tact and a sense of humour are important to the success of this person. This position requires a driver’s license.
Excellent knowledge of a variety of sales and presentation software packages including Dynamics, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must. The successful candidate will have a willingness to learn new software systems.
How to Apply
Please forward your resumé and a letter of interest by email to Marguerite Simard, Director of Finance and Human Resources, email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m., Friday, August 10, 2018.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Your cover letter and resumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.