Secondary Market Research Request
The Business InfoCentre (BIC) offers research services based on existing sources of information from public and private databases.
Research hours are available starting at $85/hour for Manitoba companies and $110/hour for companies outside of Manitoba. Manitoba-based start-ups and entrepreneurs can benefit from 1-hour free preliminary research per year (April to March) which includes up to three market reports.
If you are seeking research, your first step is to fill out this form.
1) The Business InfoCentre research is based on secondary sources of information.
2) A Business InfoCentre Researcher may need to contact you for clarification or to obtain further information.
3) The majority of the research data is available in English only.
4) Research requests can take up to two (2) business days to be completed.
5) The Business InfoCentre research service does not include analysis or reporting on the data provided.
The World Trade Centre Winnipeg is authorized to collect your personal information on this form by section 36(1)(b) of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), as we need this information to provide you with our research services. We have limited the personal information to the minimum amount necessary for this purpose.
Your personal information is protected by FIPPA. We cannot use or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you consent or we are authorized or required to do so by FIPPA.
If you have any questions about your personal information, please contact a Business Information Officer at the World Trade Centre Winnipeg, 219 Provencher Blvd, 3rd Floor, Winnipeg, MB, R2H 0G4, or by telephone at 204-984-2272 or 1-800-665-2019.
- Fees are based on research time, not the amount of information.
- Depending on your request, we cannot guarantee the availability of all information if there is no existing data on the topic.
- Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information is complete and correct, the Business InfoCentre assumes no responsibility for its accuracy, reliability, completeness or any decisions arising from the information provided.