As an entrepreneur, taking the initiative to develop a solid business plan is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. A business plan will serve as a roadmap you can use to establish goals, track progress and even attract important investors. Sounds pretty great doesn’t it?
The World Trade Centre Winnipeg is proud to launch its newly developed Business Plan Program available for Manitoba entrepreneurs. Throughout the program you will be assigned your personal Business Advisors who will help guide you on the right path and ensure you receive the support needed. In addition to personalized support and access to industry experts, you will receive a detailed workbook in which every section has been carefully structured and tailored for this program.
The Business Planning Program consists of 6 sessions covering the various elements which are key to the development of your plan such as writing vision and mission statements, defining your products or services, establishing market strategies, determining human resources requirements, setting sales goals and gaining a better understanding of all things finance!
A quick note before applying! In order to successfully complete the program, you must attend all 6 sessions.
(Session 1) Wednesday, September 29 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(Session 2) Wednesday, October 6 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(Session 3) Wednesday, October 13 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(Session 4) Wednesday, October 20 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(Session 5) Wednesday, October 27 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(Session 6) Wednesday, November 3 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Cost $100 +GST
Click here to apply today – OR – scroll below
Closing date is September 22.Spaces are limited.
Session 1 | Introduction to Business Planning
Wednesday, September 29 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
You have decided that entrepreneurship is right for you so now it is time to get started. To begin, it is important to understand the market, identify potential customers, and the competition. This workshop introduces you to the business planning basics.
- Understanding and providing an overview of the business planning process
- Identifying the audience for the business plan
- Developing your vision and mission statement
- Defining your product/service
Session 2 | Conducting Market Research
Wednesday, October 6| 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Market research is the process of gathering information about the target market, competition, and industry to determine how viable and successful a product or service would be. Proper market research is an important component of the business plan as it forms the basis for your company’s marketing strategies, operational plan, and financial projections.
- Primary and secondary research
- Customer segmentation
- Identifying your target market
- Environmental scan
- Marketing research tools
Session 3 | Developing Your Marketing Plan
“Wednesday, October 13 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Marketing helps assess the viability of your business idea and develop the roadmap for reaching customers in the form of a marketing plan.
- Components of a marketing plan
- Setting sales goals and objectives
- Marketing objectives and strategies – The 4 Ps
- Marketing budget and expenses
Session 4 | Management, Operations, and Internal Control
Wednesday, October 20 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Operations is the “how to” of your business. This workshop is focused on the operational structure of your business and is designed to help entrepreneurs, such as yourself, identify what you need to “operationalize” or launch your business.
- Identifying your management team and their skill set
- Choosing the appropriate business structure
- Identifying all the necessary inputs required to run your business
- Developing appropriate policies and procedures
- Understanding cost behaviours for product pricing
Session 5 | Developing Your Financial Plan
Wednesday, October 27 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Determining if a business can be profitable is fundamental for the entrepreneur to be successful. This workshop is focused on identifying and understanding the financial requirements of your business.
- Identifying and quantifying your start up costs
- Creating your revenue model
- Understanding the differences between cash and net income
- Developing your financial projections
Session 6 | Funding Sources, Risk Analysis and Contingency Planning
Wednesday, November 3 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This final session wraps up the business planning process, focusing on funding sources and developing a contingency plan.
- Business financing and structure, and the 4 Cs of credit
- Conducting a risk analysis
- Developing a contingency plan
- Finalizing your business plan
We will send you an email the day before each workshop with the link to join online.
Registration will be open soon. To reserve your spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.