We are seeking a professional, dedicated and client-service oriented individual to fill the position of Trade Advisor.
In this role, you will provide advice, export plan support, market research, referrals to educations and funding programs, introductions to experts and business connections internationally and locally to Manitoba businesses to help them be best prepared to enter new markets.
The Trade Advisor is Responsible For:
- Helping Manitoba businesses reach their corporate goals through strategic data and connecting businesses with potential Canadian and international opportunities.
- Managing a list of accounts and conducts follow-up to provide personalized support to businesses in all sectors that are seeking to grow their business and actively seeking interprovincial and international business opportunities for Manitoba businesses.
- Providing information on global markets and current trends in various sectors.
- Providing one-on-one support to clients and updating the CRM software.
- Conducting market research using public and private databases.
- Helping to recruit and support businesses on trade missions and educational opportunities and funding programs.
- Providing export plan guidance, revisions and support.
- Participating in various business networking sessions on behalf of the organization with the goal of being in the know of the latest local business support initiatives, representing the organization by sharing our services and seeking new clients.
- Collaborating with coworkers to ensure the success of projects and programs.
You and Your Experience:
- Postsecondary education in international trade or a related area of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the international trade sector.
- 2+ years of work experience in a related sector is considered an asset.
- CITP designation is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in both of Canada’s official languages is preferred, additional language is nice to have.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and professionalism.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances in a multi-tasking work environment.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintaining strong internal and external working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Teams).
- Hands-on experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is considered an asset.
Benefits of the organization:
- Competitive Salary
- Chambers of Commerce Group Benefits Program
- Matched RRSP Contributions
- Professional Development
- Subsidized Parking
- Telecommunications allowance
- Hybrid work environment
- Flexible Schedule
- Social Committee
- Time off between Christmas and New Years
About World Trade Centre Winnipeg:
The World Trade Centre Winnipeg (WTC Winnipeg) is a member of the World Trade Centre’s Association, the leading international trade network, representing more than 300 World Trade Centre’s in nearly 100 countries.
The WTC Winnipeg provides support to Manitobans looking to start a business, and companies looking to expand beyond Manitoba.
Sound like the perfect fit for you?
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.